cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Cavalary DV (past 30 day) - Deleted, but I worry...

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Sent Cavalary DV (past 30 day) - Deleted, but I worry...

Hey,

I sent cavalry a dv letter that one of our mods used to have it removed. So it's off Experian (not sure about the others)

I worry, though, that they will re-sell it. However, it should still be in dispute at TU. If it is, I believe there are rules to prevent the transfer. Well, forgetting that for a moment, what is the best strategy to preventing this from being plastered again?

** How do I get the OC to take my money instead of a stupid JDB **?

I still have not seen real validation but I at least would prefer to use good karma than over think it or see another cra play with it.

Thanks. Oh, this is for a land line phone bill where DOFD was 5/04

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sent Cavalary DV (past 30 day) - Deleted, but I worry...

If they resell it you will get a phone call, dunning letter or it they will start reporting.  You would send the new CA a  DV  CMRRR.

If you are past SOL then also send the past SOL letter.

Many phone companies will let you pay them and accept a PFD. They must own the account though!!   Call and ask.

Message 2 of 11
jbh
Established Contributor

How do I get the OC to even own it/re-claim it? Does a law state it must go back in their hands?

And it's amazing how a new jdb, without validation/warning, can take a debt and plaster it

before I get a dunning/etc. Disgusting system.

TY

Message Edited by jbh on 11-05-2008 07:21 AM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

JBH, keep us posted!  Cavalry is trying to collect $143 from  for ATT from 06.  I have had NO LUCK with Cavalry!  Let us know who you talk to or write and what the results are!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an OC sells an account then you must work with the CA.   Once sold it never goes back to the OC but the OC can continue to report.

Call the OC and ask them to pull your account......by phone # or name and SS #.  They can tell you how much you owe and when you made your last payment. They can also tell you if they assigned or sold the account!

If you are within SOL then whoever owns the account can file a lawsuit for judgment.

Message 5 of 11
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks. I tried ATT before and was sent overseas and they had no idea.

I have to find a legit department to call toady

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some calling and digging.  If the account is no longer active call 866-223-2720.  I spoke with two supervisors and was told nothing could be done.  Maybe you can have better luck.

On, the other hand they were able to accept my payment.  They said I would be getting a letter from AT&T in two weeks stating there was no balance due.  Maybe I can use that as a dispute tool???

Also I found that the amount due was $40 not $143...so the CA has the wrong amount.  I tried to get them to pull the account because it was the wrong info but they wouldn't

At the very least I paid the OC and the Collection Agency will not get a dime (I hope!)

Any of the regulars have any opinions or advice?  Can I DV the CA now?  The collection is 2-3 years old and in C&D status.  If I can DV and AT&T says there is no balance owed will the collection fall off or update as paid?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until you receive that letter. Make sure that it says amount due $0.  Then mail or fax it to all CRAs reporting the CA.

If you DV the CA they might just change the reporting to paid. You do not want that.

If you have no intention of getting any credit for a time. I would wait and let the CA report. Then hit them with a DV or send a copy of the letter to the CRAs.   You really want time to go by so that the CA has trouble getting info from the OC.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until you receive that letter. Make sure that it says amount due $0.  Then mail or fax it to all CRAs reporting the CA.

If you DV the CA they might just change the reporting to paid. You do not want that.

If you have no intention of getting any credit for a time. I would wait and let the CA report. Then hit them with a DV or send a copy of the letter to the CRAs.   You really want time to go by so that the CA has trouble getting info from the OC.

Kudos!

+__________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Happy Days,

I plan on buying a house next summer.  So I have about 5-6 months I can let is go before I really need if off.  Since my account is in cease and desist, and I have already written them a few times...can I still DV in a few months?

If I can DV do you think I should wait a few months?  If this was your account how would you handle it from now on?

Thanks a bunch!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How that letter reads means everything. Watch you CR to see if the CA updates to paid. If they do send a DV right away.

FICO reads the report date. This is why you do not want the CA to update. When you file a dispute the CRA will notify the CA and they will update.

When applying for a mortgage. The mortg. Co. uses scores and they do not like unpaid bills....They will accept that letter from ATT!!! and ignore the CA reporting.

I would start trying to get the CA deleted about 2-3- months before applying.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.