cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent GW letters to 4 settled accounts. Now what?

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Sent GW letters to 4 settled accounts. Now what?

Hi all,

I have accounts with BofA, Chase, HSBC BestBuy, and Macys from 2003-2005 which I have settled and paid in early 2010. These accounts appear on my CR as "Closed" but with various status and notes such as "Legally paid in full or less", "Settlement", "Bad Debt", "60/90/120/150".

About 10 days ago, I sent a round of GW letters to those creditors using various addresses (not email) that I gathered either in this forum or through the credit reports.

I just recently registered for AMEX Credit Secure Unlimited and been polling 3-bureau credit reports from AMEX everyday but I don't see anything changes so far.

I also have Credit Karma and myFICO Quarterly subscription, but again no activity reported yet from these two services.

My questions:

1)  Is AMEX Credit Secure reliable in reporting account removal/deletion?

2) Do I expect letters from the CCC first before any actions from them to take place?

I believe my GW content was honest, convincing, and polite. I said in the GW that I have been taking care of my credit seriously in the past 2 years, always PIF and never late. I also mentioned that I bounced back strong financially and have several small businesses (LLC, partnership, etc) that I'm looking forward to future business loans/credit and/or mortgage loan with the CCC, etc.

I know that many of us have experience in this type of situation, and would appreciate your opinion and advice. Thanks.

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
User273165
Regular Contributor

Re: Sent GW letters to 4 settled accounts. Now what?

In my experience you will get a letter from the credit card company stating what they have decided to do about your request.  They will either say, we are legally bound to report all information accurately or they will tell you they have decided to have the comments or whatever you GW'd removed.  If the latter is the case, they will tell you it will take from 30-45 days for them to report to the CB. If they deny it then you re-write a new letter and try again.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 5
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Hello.  I am not sure about the AMEX Credit Secure but my experience from GW letters varies.  Some have called me after reviewing my request, some have sent a letter and some did nothing.  10 days isnt much time to give them.  Give it a little more time, after 30 days send out another round.  I had experience with BofA and Chase they called me so make sure you are including your phone number on your letter, I mailed my letters for those 2 right to the address on my credit report.

Message 3 of 5
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@AJC1987 wrote:

In my experience you will get a letter from the credit card company stating what they have decided to do about your request.  They will either say, we are legally bound to report all information accurately or they will tell you they have decided to have the comments or whatever you GW'd removed.  If the latter is the case, they will tell you it will take from 30-45 days for them to report to the CB. If they deny it then you re-write a new letter and try again.

Good Luck

In my GW I asked for early account removals. Thanks for sharing your experince

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 4 of 5
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@hdrider07 wrote:

Hello.  I am not sure about the AMEX Credit Secure but my experience from GW letters varies.  Some have called me after reviewing my request, some have sent a letter and some did nothing.  10 days isnt much time to give them.  Give it a little more time, after 30 days send out another round.  I had experience with BofA and Chase they called me so make sure you are including your phone number on your letter, I mailed my letters for those 2 right to the address on my credit report.

I did include my cellphone and email address on the GW. Both phone and email are in their systems. OK I'll relax a bit and give them more time. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.