Valued Member

Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

So I sent a GW letter to Countrywide  on some old lates and then some lates form 18 months ago differed from my record because I thought I only had one and they said I had four. Is this why it says consumer disputes because I wasn't really disputing just looking for some GW I hope I didn't screw this up. Antbody ever have any luck with GW and a mortgage company?
Valued Member

Re: Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

*bump*

The same thing happened to me - anybody out there know if it looks bad if your CR says "consumer disputes"???

Thanks.
New Contributor

I think if you are saying you have blank number of lates (even in a goodwill letter), and it is different than the number they have.....you are technically "disputing". For their legal safety they put that. I *don't* think it hurts to have that on your report........it will be taken off as soon as they have finished investigation it.....
Established Contributor

I have one and its because they came back verified that it was mine.. it was from a verizon wireless charges that I didnt authorize.. I fought it they wouldnt take it off my bill so I canceled my servce and they sent me to collections. I disputed it throught the CRAs way back when it first appread and the CRA put in the messgaes at the bottom that I dispute the act for unauthorized charges.... its still there but now I know about DOFD stuff and I know it was at least 6-7 years so I DV'd them no answer yet. I will pay anything that I owe but I will not PAY for charges that I didnt do!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.