Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

tag
HUMPTYZ
Valued Member

Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

So I sent a GW letter to Countrywide  on some old lates and then some lates form 18 months ago differed from my record because I thought I only had one and they said I had four. Is this why it says consumer disputes because I wasn't really disputing just looking for some GW I hope I didn't screw this up. Antbody ever have any luck with GW and a mortgage company?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

*bump*

The same thing happened to me - anybody out there know if it looks bad if your CR says "consumer disputes"???

Thanks.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if you are saying you have blank number of lates (even in a goodwill letter), and it is different than the number they have.....you are technically "disputing". For their legal safety they put that. I *don't* think it hurts to have that on your report........it will be taken off as soon as they have finished investigation it.....
Message 3 of 4
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I have one and its because they came back verified that it was mine.. it was from a verizon wireless charges that I didnt authorize.. I fought it they wouldnt take it off my bill so I canceled my servce and they sent me to collections. I disputed it throught the CRAs way back when it first appread and the CRA put in the messgaes at the bottom that I dispute the act for unauthorized charges.... its still there but now I know about DOFD stuff and I know it was at least 6-7 years so I DV'd them no answer yet. I will pay anything that I owe but I will not PAY for charges that I didnt do!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.