Valued Member
HUMPTYZ

Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

So I sent a GW letter to Countrywide  on some old lates and then some lates form 18 months ago differed from my record because I thought I only had one and they said I had four. Is this why it says consumer disputes because I wasn't really disputing just looking for some GW I hope I didn't screw this up. Antbody ever have any luck with GW and a mortgage company?
Valued Member
fixmycredit

Re: Sent GW now CR says consumer disputes

*bump*

The same thing happened to me - anybody out there know if it looks bad if your CR says "consumer disputes"???

Thanks.
New Contributor
quirkypixie

I think if you are saying you have blank number of lates (even in a goodwill letter), and it is different than the number they have.....you are technically "disputing". For their legal safety they put that. I *don't* think it hurts to have that on your report........it will be taken off as soon as they have finished investigation it.....
Established Contributor
Jesedmotherof5

I have one and its because they came back verified that it was mine.. it was from a verizon wireless charges that I didnt authorize.. I fought it they wouldnt take it off my bill so I canceled my servce and they sent me to collections. I disputed it throught the CRAs way back when it first appread and the CRA put in the messgaes at the bottom that I dispute the act for unauthorized charges.... its still there but now I know about DOFD stuff and I know it was at least 6-7 years so I DV'd them no answer yet. I will pay anything that I owe but I will not PAY for charges that I didnt do!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+