cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent GW to Chase Bank and was denied. What next?

tag
carco
Valued Member

Sent GW to Chase Bank and was denied. What next?

Hello everyone...

I sent a GW letter to the Chief Executive Office of Credit Cards at Chase.  Apparently, whoever handles his correspondence checked into my account and telephoned me today saying they could not update my charge-off for two reasons.  One the account is fairly new since pay-off (April 2011) and secondly it has been new to them since I opened the account (Aug 2007 then closed 2009.) 

I have thought about sending the same letter to the CEO of Chase.  I did phone the Recovery Dept last week and someone should be getting back to me via mail in a couple of weeks.  I also sent out a GW letter by mail to a different address than the email. 

So, what next?  I would appreciate any suggestions to try and get this removed.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
icanimprove
Established Member

Re: Sent GW to Chase Bank and was denied. What next?

Sounds like you're taking all the necessary steps to obtain a sucessful GW deletion. For now I recommend you do nothing until you hear back from the Recovery Dept. and/or the office w/ the alternative address you mailed your GW letter. I just don't recommend you do too much at the same time. Remember, you want their goodwill. After you hear back send your letter to the CEO. 

Message 2 of 5
Gramfam4

Please let me know how it works out for you.  Earlier this week, I submitted an email to the Executive Offices at Chase for a Goodwill deletion on a Paid Chargeoff paid directly to Chase for both my husband and myself.  I received a phone call the next day from the rep.  She reviewed our accounts and denied the request.  When I asked the reason for the denial, she said that Chase's policy is to only delete accounts that have been sold to another CA and since our accounts were still owned by Chase then she could not delete.  This does not make any sense.  Has anyone heard of this?  I would also appreciate any suggestions on what to do next.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
CC40
Regular Contributor

The account they deleted for me was not ever sold to another CA.  I settled the account with Chase.  The CO was from 2008.  I would just keep trying.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wrote e-mailed the Chief Executive office and the CEO. Never heard from Chief office but I did get a goodwill from the CEO's assistant. Doesn't hurt to try the head honcho!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.