Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent PFD email to Northland Group..

tag
leesa88
New Contributor

Sent PFD email to Northland Group..

Yesterday I emailed a PFD letter to Northland Group regarding a Charged off account from 4 years ago.. a while back they sent me a settlement offer that I never responded to for 50% of the debt.

THey emailed me right back asking if I had my account number which I provided. I didn't get another email back. Just now they called me but didnt leave a voicemail, hopefully I didnt start something Im gonna regret. yikes!

Has anybody had luck with Northland Group PFD?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
leesa88
New Contributor

Re: Sent PFD email to Northland Group..

Argh.. the more I think about this, I am thinking I really messed up. The CA (northland group) isnt showing on my CR.. but the Macy's CO is. Now that I have contacted them Im afraid that the Collection Account is going to appear on my CR's... what do you think? I do want to pay this Charge Off, but deleting of course would be ideal.

Should I not contact Northland Group again about the PFD and see what happens? If you were me, what would you do. Sorry my mind is just spinning now.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO luck at all with getting anything from them that looks legal.     Refuse to take my counter settlement offer - but the amt they want goes down every 4 or so months.  Soon it will be where I offered it and they refused.

I sent them a VOD letter and they sent a letter back saying they bought this debt from Cap1 and now that this has been verified they will proceed to collect.  I sent them another letter saying you did not provide me with any info and I am disputing you VOD letter until you provide the following>the calc of debt, proof they bought the debt, proof they are licensed in this state to collect the debt. proof it is not past the SOL and so on.  They sent me a typed paragraph, not on letterhead saying yes the amt is correct, yes the own the debt.  I am now disputing their paragraph.  ANYone could write a para on white paper.  I want PROOF.

Message 3 of 4
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

• I received a dunning notice from them several months ago and sent a DV immediately.  They were not reporting and still aren't.  I haven't heard a word from them since I sent the DV.
Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.