Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent a DV now what?

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Sent a DV now what?

So I had a nasty pop up from NCO at the beginning of last month on my report, but no DN got sent to me. I sent a DV  on 10/22 via CMRR got the card back saying they signed for it, but nothing yet. What should my next step be, send another DV? Nothing has changed on my CR yet at all yet either.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sent a DV now what?

The DV acutally shouldn't affect anything on your CR.  If sent timely, it's just a time bar on their ability to collect the debt, it doesn not prevent any previous postings to your CR.  It just means they can't call or attemtp collection activity until they have validated the account.  That could be tomorrow, could be next year.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Should I try and dispute it or just wait and see if they validate?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO is usually quite easy, I would wait a little bit longer.

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

What would be the purpose of your dispute? Do you have a valid reason?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

You would not dispute based on their failure to have verified, as verification is not compulsory.  What is compulsory is their cessation of collection activites until such time as they have verified.

You can dispute, but you have the burden of identifying some inaccuracy in their reporting as the basis.

If you wish to give them a push, you could, based upon their failure to have sent dunning notice within 5 days of posting to your CR, send a formal complaint of violation of FDCPA 809(a) to the FTC.  They must respond back to the FTC on that issue, which may spur them to get out from under the entire DV process by providing verification.

No need to send another DV.  Your first one now has them under a cease collection bar, so I would not communicate with them.

Message 6 of 7
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

They had never even called or sent any letters in the mail. I just got a notice on ScoreWatch that it was added back in the beginning of October and then heard nothing from them after 2 weeks of it being on my report and I then sent the DV, that's why I was confused about it. On scorewatch it says unidentified for the OC, so I don't even know what it's for.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.