So I had a nasty pop up from NCO at the beginning of last month on my report, but no DN got sent to me. I sent a DV on 10/22 via CMRR got the card back saying they signed for it, but nothing yet. What should my next step be, send another DV? Nothing has changed on my CR yet at all yet either.
The DV acutally shouldn't affect anything on your CR. If sent timely, it's just a time bar on their ability to collect the debt, it doesn not prevent any previous postings to your CR. It just means they can't call or attemtp collection activity until they have validated the account. That could be tomorrow, could be next year.
NCO is usually quite easy, I would wait a little bit longer.
What would be the purpose of your dispute? Do you have a valid reason?
You would not dispute based on their failure to have verified, as verification is not compulsory. What is compulsory is their cessation of collection activites until such time as they have verified.
You can dispute, but you have the burden of identifying some inaccuracy in their reporting as the basis.
If you wish to give them a push, you could, based upon their failure to have sent dunning notice within 5 days of posting to your CR, send a formal complaint of violation of FDCPA 809(a) to the FTC. They must respond back to the FTC on that issue, which may spur them to get out from under the entire DV process by providing verification.
No need to send another DV. Your first one now has them under a cease collection bar, so I would not communicate with them.
They had never even called or sent any letters in the mail. I just got a notice on ScoreWatch that it was added back in the beginning of October and then heard nothing from them after 2 weeks of it being on my report and I then sent the DV, that's why I was confused about it. On scorewatch it says unidentified for the OC, so I don't even know what it's for.