cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent a PFD ... got this in response, Please Advise!!!

tag
happyus
Valued Member

Sent a PFD ... got this in response, Please Advise!!!

I sent a PFD for a charged off acct to the OC, they forwarded it to Allied Data Corp (I am assuming this a CA)

Anyways the responded stating that they are prepared to accept my settlement offer as full and final settlement and upon receipt of payment in full "you will be released from all claims and liabilities pertaining to this account"

Now what I sent them is a PFD, stating that I would send funds if they agreed to delete. This wording does not quite sound like that is what they are agreeing to do.  I am just worried because the OC is the only one reporting this debt as charge off. I worried if I do not pay this now then this CA will begin reporting it. They do say it is a dated offer. It is only $50, I want to just send it off ... Please advise.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sent a PFD ... got this in response, Please Advise!!!

Their statement says only that if you pay, it will be considered as satisfaction of the debt.  It is not an agreement to delte any credit reporting.

They are required, if they accept whatever is paid as satisfaction of the debt, to promptly report a $0 debt balance.

They can also choose to report the additional special comment that the debt was settled for less than the full amount, which is not desirable since it informs others that they credtior took a loss in their dealings with you.

Yes, the debt collector can report their colllection at any time.  If you do pay the OC, they must immediately inform the debt collector that the debt has been satisfied.

At that point, the debt collector could still report, but is unlikely to do so, as it would serve no collection purpose on their part, and would require the simultaneous reporting of an open collcetion, a closed collection, and $0 under collection.

Your options are to continue to pursue the PFD condition, to counter with an offer that they not report settled for less, or to simply pay and hope that they dont report settled for less.  If they then report that additional comment, you would have to pursue a request to them after the fact for their good-will deletion of that special comment.

Message 2 of 3
happyus
Valued Member

Re: Sent a PFD ... got this in response, Please Advise!!!

That is what is confusing. I offered to pay the full charged off amount which is $52.20, so it is not settled for less. But I sent PFD to the OC and they forwarded it to this agency.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.