Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent a direct dispute to BOAA

tag
gbfan10
Valued Member

Sent a direct dispute to BOAA

They never accepted the letter form what I can tell..   I sent it certified with receipt.  The last status says departed May 28th.     Do I have to send another one?

TAMPA, FL 33630

Your item departed our TAMPA, FL 33630 destination facility on May 28, 2016 at 8:37 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

May 28, 2016 , 9:53 am

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sent a direct dispute to BOAA

It does not say they declined, it says still in transit.

I would wait for further update.

You have complied with the direct dispute rules:

"16 CFR 660.4   Direct disputes

(c) Direct dispute address. A furnisher is required to investigate a direct dispute only if a consumer submits a dispute notice to the furnisher at:

(1) The address of a furnisher provided by a furnisher and set forth on a consumer report relating to the consumer;

(2) An address clearly and conspicuously specified by the furnisher for submitting direct disputes that is provided to the consumer in writing or electronically (if the consumer has agreed to the electronic delivery of information from the furnisher); or

(3) Any business address of the furnisher if the furnisher has not so specified and provided an address for submitting direct disputes under paragraphs (c)(1) or (2) of this section."

Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Waiting it out to see if anything haopens would be a good move. If nothing, then I's send another. It may be that they are ignoring it and the request will never work. But I'd at least give it multiple attempts.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
gbfan10
Valued Member

Still not saying delivered, but I got a very basic letter back from BOA saying

We've completed our review of your recent inquiry reguarding the credit reporting of your account.   

We've completed a review of our records and have confirmed the information we have provided to the CRA is accurate.   If you would like you can add a comment to the entry by contacting them directly.

This is not what I requested of them.   I am not sure what to do next.

Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you filed a direct dispute and they have responded by indicating that they have investigated and verify the accuracy as reported, then they have complied with the statute.

That would seem to imply that your issue is no longer one of their not responding, but one of your disagreement with the outcome.

What was the specific inaccuracy that you asserted?

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The statutory requriement:

"FCRA 623(a)(8)(C) Duty of person after receiving notice of dispute. After receiving a notice of dispute from a consumer pursuant to subparagraph (D), the person that provided the information in dispute to a consumer reporting agency shall –

• (i) conduct an investigation with respect to the disputed infor-mation;

• (ii) review all relevant information provided by the consumer with the notice;

complete such person’s investigation of the dispute and report the results of the investigation to the consumer before the expiration of the period under section 611(a)(1) within which a consumer reporting agency would be required to complete its action if the consumer had elected to dispute the information under that section"

Message 6 of 10
gbfan10
Valued Member

By them saying that they reviewed my account and it is reporting correctly.  Does that satisfy the requirement?   I don't think they did a thing to investigate what i asked

Message 7 of 10
gbfan10
Valued Member

I disputed the amount of times it was late, and they are missing an entire year of reporting my payment history.

Since I disputed this with the cra's, even thought they xfered the debt 4 years ago, my report is showing a current 60 day late with them and my score has dropped 15 points

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that does satisfy the requirement. If you have documentation that something they are reporting is wrong you should send that along with your request.
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you feel that you can document the assertion that they did not conduct a reasonable investigation, you can either file a formal complaint with the CFPB for violation of the investigation requirment of FCRA 623(a)(8), or you can pursue your own civil action on that basis.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.