Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent back to original creditor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent back to original creditor

have been trying to get to the bottom of a credit issue. I did a pay for deletion 4 years ago and had it pop back up into my credit report from ERC about a year ago. I contacted them and they said this:

Thank you for your inquiry. Your account has been returned to DirecTV. Please direct future correspondence, questions or payments to DirecTV

What should I do now?

Should I assume it will be deleted from credit reports? Send in dispute?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tasbury11
Established Member

Re: Sent back to original creditor

No real help from me. I got the exact same message from ERC about a Comcast bill I paid off. I called Comcast to confirm they got the payment and they told me they would send a request for deletion to ERC. Comcast said it should take 45 days so I'm waiting it out. Good luck. Please update if you find something out.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sent back to original creditor

ERC should be deleting soon. Though I don't know why they'd send it back to DirecTV if there's technically no balance due. Do you have proof of your PFD? In any case, give ERC about 30 days to remove and if it's not gone by then I'd dispute on the basis that they don't have collection authority. And I would also contact DirecTV to make sure there isn't a balance due and get that squared away to prevent it from being sold again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.