cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent three PFD letters on 2/14/14 and I have not received any responses.

tag
annicenicole

Sent three PFD letters on 2/14/14 and I have not received any responses.

Hello!

On 2/14/14 I sent out three PFD letters and have yet to receive a response to any. I sent one to each of the following:

Vengroff Williams Inc to PIF $170.00 (Hit my credit report 1/2013)

Convergent Outsourcing to PIF $331.00 (Hit my credit report in 7/2013)

Wynn-Singer & Associates to PIF $465.00 (Hit my credit report in 7/2013)

So now that the I am near the thirty day time frame on these, I am wondering what should be my next steps. I was wondering if I should now dispute them through the credit brueau's or maybe try sending debt validation letters. I am also prepared to just pay them out right, but I wanted to see if I could get any of them removed first so that I am not taking an additional hit for paying them off. Thanks for your help in advance!

Starting Score: EQ:564 TU:635 9/21/11
Current Score: EQ:564 TU:635
Goal Score: 700 By 12/31/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sent three PFD letters on 2/14/14 and I have not received any responses.

I could be wrong, but from what I have read on these forums...I believe you should have sent the DV letters first.

Then from that point, if they responded, try for the PFD.

I don't believe that they (CA) have to respond to either.  PFD wise, I think that it's a matter of continually trying.  If you don't want the "headache" so to speak, you could pay then start the GW process to get them removed.

Really up to you, and perhaps others with more experience can give you more accurate advice..if mine is not Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sent three PFD letters on 2/14/14 and I have not received any responses.

@annicenicole wrote:

Hello!

On 2/14/14 I sent out three PFD letters and have yet to receive a response to any. I sent one to each of the following:

Vengroff Williams Inc to PIF $170.00 (Hit my credit report 1/2013)

Convergent Outsourcing to PIF $331.00 (Hit my credit report in 7/2013)

Wynn-Singer & Associates to PIF $465.00 (Hit my credit report in 7/2013)

So now that the I am near the thirty day time frame on these, I am wondering what should be my next steps. I was wondering if I should now dispute them through the credit brueau's or maybe try sending debt validation letters. I am also prepared to just pay them out right, but I wanted to see if I could get any of them removed first so that I am not taking an additional hit for paying them off. Thanks for your help in advance!

Since you sent the PFD there is no DV to send you have already indicated its yours. They are not obligated to respond to a PFD and since these are pretty new I am assuming you offered the full amount. At this point all you can do is sit back and wait if you dont hear anything 60-90 days out send another PFD offer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.