Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously? Ugh I have a headache now...

tag
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

Seriously? Ugh I have a headache now...

So I applied for a Secured CC from my credit union and got denied..   Called to talk to the supervisor and I swear I think my head is going to blow its top after this conversation..   Its credit rebuilding related of course so here we go:

First the good news..  they use Equifax and I'm up to 519 from a score of 451 back in June.   She seemed shocked that I was happy lol..  yeah well, 69 points up in 4 months is good right?   well it is to me..      ok..

Now here's what ticks me off..  she's naming all these accounts that I have and telling me they are charged off as of 9-2010  and 10-2010  and 8-2010...     and I said whoa whoa whoa..  these were charged off in 2008...  these dates she's seeing are when the CA's have updated my accounts..    Seeing that i'm in full out pay off mode, i've been pif and of course when they updated these are the dates she's seeing.  

AND she tells me that my Chapter 13 that was filed in 2004 and officially discharged in 2009 won't come of my credit report until 2016.    She says she won't approve me for the SECURED credit card until my Chapter 13 has been discharged 3 years..    I told her that it will be off my report altogether next year..   she siad that  was news to her!!!!!  OMG!!   on my experian report on "expected removal date"   May of 2011 for that chapter 13.. 

I don't know weather to laugh histerically at her ignorance or cry because i got denied!!! 

Anyaway..    I owed both HSBC and First Premier in the past so i don't know what the chances of getting a secured card with them would be but so far my credit union is out..     Guess this puts a ding in my rebuilding process huh..

April

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Seriously? Ugh I have a headache now...

Check out this link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=207&page=1

That's a place to start.  You can also check out whogavemecredit.com & search by credit score for who is likely to give you a card.  Also, make sure to look at the newer entries, which end up being at the bottom.

I've heard incorrect information from a number of people who are supposed to have this kind of knowledge...she isn't the first to not know these things, and she won't be the last you'll encounter.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.