Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle V. Paid in full

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settle V. Paid in full

I have two outstanding debt both with the original creditors. I plan to purchase home in about year. Would debt settlement against my odds of getting VA loan. What about if the debt wasn’t even paid at all but I have 40% down payment toward home loan……….. is there even a difference in PAID in Full or Settle, do they even care?

Chase Auto Finance $4,000 Charge off 4yrs old……….I co-sign an auto loan for x-wife.

Defense Finance-DFAS--College scholarship…….$17,515

EX 610

TU 588

EQ 590

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Settle V. Paid in full

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two outstanding debt both with the original creditors. I plan to purchase home in about year. Would debt settlement against my odds of getting VA loan. What about if the debt wasn’t even paid at all but I have 40% down payment toward home loan……….. is there even a difference in PAID in Full or Settle, do they even care?

Chase Auto Finance $4,000 Charge off 4yrs old……….I co-sign an auto loan for x-wife.

Defense Finance-DFAS--College scholarship…….$17,515

EX 610

TU 588

EQ 590

More then likely they will want both these debts to be paid and or settled before you would qualify for home loan. This may be a better subject in the mortgage section of forum. Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Settle V. Paid in full

Locking this thread to direct readers to the same post here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Debt-settlement-VS-Paid-in-Full/td-p/859878.

Mortgage Loans is probably a better place for it anyway.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.