Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle judgment that was just entered in husband

tag
chrissy122g
Valued Member

Settle judgment that was just entered in husband

We assumed we were well beyond statue of limitations and come to find out we're not. So now I need to settle the account with Frederick j Hannah attorney at law aka Cooling & winter. It's total is $5900 where should I start? I called they offered $4000 but said I could send any offer for them to look at. Any help?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Settle judgment that was just entered in husband

It appears that your next step would be to decide if you are willing to make a counter-offer, and if so, what terms do you offer?

The title of the post indicates a judgment has been entered.

However, the post refers to expiration of SOL.

Those seem contradictory if the SOL being referenced refers to their time for bringing legal action.

That would now be moot if there is already a judgment.

Is the SOL that is being referenced the period of enforceability of an existing judgment, or the period for initiation of legal action?

Message 2 of 4
chrissy122g
Valued Member

Yes 2 months shy of SOL... So now I need to settle it.. An attorney friend said to start at 25%... Not sure
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well you have to start somewhere. Maybe start at the 25% and see what happens. Try your best to show you want to work with them in hopes of them being lenient with you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.