Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle or PIF Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settle or PIF Question

My husband has a charged off Seventh Avenue account.  It wasn't charged off that long ago...December I believe.  I contacted Seventh Avenue who gave me the contact info for the CA and when I called they offered me a settlement of 283 which is 100 less than the full balance. My question is do I take the settlement or PIF?  I am hoping to do a GW letter for this debt so would it look better to have PIF?  I don't mind paying the extra hundred if it gets me a better chance of deletion from the OC.  There is no listing on his CRs from the CA just the OC.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Settle or PIF Question

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband has a charged off Seventh Avenue account.  It wasn't charged off that long ago...December I believe.  I contacted Seventh Avenue who gave me the contact info for the CA and when I called they offered me a settlement of 283 which is 100 less than the full balance. My question is do I take the settlement or PIF?  I am hoping to do a GW letter for this debt so would it look better to have PIF?  I don't mind paying the extra hundred if it gets me a better chance of deletion from the OC.  There is no listing on his CRs from the CA just the OC.  

PIF is usually preferrable if you will be seeking a GW deletion and I would make a deal to pay in exchange for non reporting with the CA.

Message 2 of 4
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

For such a small ammount, I would certainly pay in full.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I see two good will requests.

One to the debt collector, requesting that they not report their collection.

The ohter, a request to the creditor for deletion of the charge-off.

Regrdless of whether you settle or pay in full, the primary question seems to be which one you wish to use payment as a means for secure either a not reporting agreement, or a deletion of existing reporting agreement........

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.