Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled account but still reporting balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settled account but still reporting balance

I settled a CC account about a month or so ago. The balance updated today, showing the difference between the settlement and the balance.

Should I give it another 30 or so days or start calling about it now?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Settled account but still reporting balance

@Anonymous wrote:
I settled a CC account about a month or so ago. The balance updated today, showing the difference between the settlement and the balance.

30 more and then start calling. It usually updates to indicate the amount paid then the balance should be 0 with comments settled for less than full balance.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

30 more and then start calling. It usually updates to indicate the amount paid then the balance should be 0 with comments settled for less than full balance.

Will do. The balance drop increased my EQ score by 4 points. Once that's gone, I will have no open baddies on EQ or EX. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

dealing with the same situation...i settled 3 months ago and as of last month they still reported a balance! I sent two direct disputes (email & snail mail) on april 8th, so if they update a balance this week I'll be filing a complaint! good luck to you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The law they would be violating is FCRA 623(a)(2), it requires furnishers to promptly update the TL to maintain accurate info.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.