Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled citi card collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settled citi card collections

Hello, I recently settled 2 collection accounts being collected on behalf of citi by a collection agency. The collection agency doesn't report the collection themselves, they just report payment status to citi. I'm just wondering what my best course of action is when negotiating with citi on possible removal of these accounts from the credit bureaus or maybe better account notations. Anybody have any positive experiences with negotiating with citi? I'll be contacting the executive office by phone or emailing the ceo of citi card.
4 REPLIES 4
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Settled citi card collections

From what I have read Citi isnt very friendly with removals but you can always try

I had one from 2009 which I finally managed to get rid of by EE. I had paid Citi in 2012 but I had to stick it out with till this month
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Possible scenarios could range all the way from CITI refusing to discuss anything with you, and requiring all communications to now be held with the debt collector, all the way to their agreeing to a PFD of their (i.e., CITI's) own reporting.

The best course of action would be to offer CITI a pay for deletion of their derogatory reporting, such as all monthly delinquencies and any charge-off.

It most likely wont fly, but it is a possibility......

Message 3 of 5
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I recently settled 2 collection accounts being collected on behalf of citi by a collection agency. The collection agency doesn't report the collection themselves, they just report payment status to citi. I'm just wondering what my best course of action is when negotiating with citi on possible removal of these accounts from the credit bureaus or maybe better account notations. Anybody have any positive experiences with negotiating with citi? I'll be contacting the executive office by phone or emailing the ceo of citi card.

So what was the outcome? Did you contact the EO or the CEO?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geordi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So what was the outcome? Did you contact the EO or the CEO?

Hi Geordi,

The OP hasn't been here in almost 2 months.  I doubt that we hear anything back for awhile, if at all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.