Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement- PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settlement- PFD?

A student loan of 95k was settled for 50k , would this be something I could ask for PFD or is this out of the question and also since the agreement has been made in writing but I have not paid the collection law firm yet?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Settlement- PFD?

It sounds like you are asking if you can pay the rest of the balance for deletion?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Settlement- PFD?

Until you actually send payment, you are still in the negotiation phase of reaching a contract.

If they have already agreed to a settlement and you now change the terms, they could take their offer off the table.

I would make sure you are willing to accept that risk before placing new terms on your offer, such as credit report deletion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.