Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling With Collection Agencies

tag
Sxubrh
Established Member

Re: Settling With Collection Agencies

Your comment "If you have a valid complaint" yet you haven't filed a complaint nor was there any mention of filing an complaint that was not valid.

Message 21 of 33
ianl33t
Contributor

@Sxubrh wrote:

Your comment "If you have a valid complaint" yet you haven't filed a complaint nor was there any mention of filing an complaint that was not valid.

Guiness isn't the one that originally asked for the credit help...think you are getting confused. Guiness is helping to clarify questions made by the OP. : /

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 33
Sxubrh
Established Member

Not confused at all.

Message 23 of 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The OP is asking for ways to get collections removed.  They were advised on PFDs or GW once paid.

You comment to file a complaint with the CFPB and they would get them removed.  I was stating you have to first have a valid complaint to file with them.

There was no mention of filing a complaint at all or anything being invalid so that comment didn't really fit the thread.

Message 24 of 33
Sxubrh
Established Member

I didn't say CFPB would get them removed.

Message 25 of 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

File a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and trust me they will be able to delete it then.

This is what you wrote and that is what I understood you to mean. You still need to have a valid reason to file a complaint with them.

Message 26 of 33
Sxubrh
Established Member

Subject: Settling with Collection Agency

Question: What happens when they say they (Collection Agency) CAN'T delete anything from your file?

Response: File a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and trust me they (Collection Agency) will be able to delete it then.

Capisce

Message 27 of 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Sxubrh wrote:
 Subject: Settling with Collection Agency

Question: What happens when they say they (Collection Agency) CAN'T delete anything from your file?

Response: File a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and trust me they (Collection Agency) will be able to delete it then.

Capisce

A CA doesn't have to delete a valid account and because they simply state the can't isn't a reason to file a complaint.

And I do apologize since I was not aware of which comment you were referring to.

Message 28 of 33
Sxubrh
Established Member

I don't recall anyone saying that anyone had to do anything and no issues. Just clarified to make sure we are on the same page. There seem to be lot's of assumptions going around, but doesn't that make life exciting!

Message 29 of 33
ianl33t
Contributor

@Sxubrh wrote:

Not confused at all.

Good to know.

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.