Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling debts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settling debts

I'd say yes, contracts were opened in Massachusetts which i think is 7 year SoL... Live in New Hampshire now, which is 3?
Message 11 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Massachusetts is actually 6 years.

SOL normally goes by the state you currently reside in.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

then would it be better for me to let them ride out til the 7 year mark hits which is 1-2 years more on most of them, besides one which is new that I planned to settle. it's small.
Message 13 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since they are outside of SOL you can send them a DV letter.  If they can't validate they have to remove it from your CR.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

if she waits until they age off, then it's the same result, isn't it?

Yeah ... since they are not lates they will not convert over to good standing accounts after seven years they will fall off.  Having the negatives deleted is a much better path than worrying about the aaoa.  People with limited history have a much better chance/easier route to prime cards than ppl with negatives such as CO's/CA'S.

Message 15 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

if she waits until they age off, then it's the same result, isn't it?

Yeah ... since they are not lates they will not convert over to good standing accounts after seven years they will fall off.  Having the negatives deleted is a much better path than worrying about the aaoa.  People with limited history have a much better chance/easier route to prime cards than ppl with negatives such as CO's/CA'S.

Not in all cases.  If it was your oldest account and you had it removed it could cause a lot of damage.  Each case is different and every options needs to be weighed.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

Not in all cases.  If it was your oldest account and you had it removed it could cause a lot of damage.  Each case is different and every options needs to be weighed.

Please read my last sentence though cuz that's a known fact

Message 17 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Please read my last sentence though cuz that's a known fact

ANY body would have that chance if they had no COs and/or collections. 

If you get every thing removed and have nothing left on your report, you will have a harder time since you have no history.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

ANY body would have that chance if they had no COs and/or collections. 

If you get every thing removed and have nothing left on your report, you will have a harder time since you have no history.

THIs is all i was stating

BTW I said limited not no history

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.