tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settling with Bank of America?

Hi i have 2 charged off accounts with BOA 

1 for $9540

1 for $6101

FDod= 7/2014

I would like to settle these accounts, i tried at 30% but they countered at 55%, i have read of some people being able to settle as low as 20% with BOA.

Any suggestions or tips or experience on settlements with BOA?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settling with Bank of America?

if youre in the SOL then they have no inentive to reduce the amount at all.  Check your SOL first then go from there.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL is 4 years and they reported DOLD as of 10/2015. Although i did not make a payment since 6/2014
Message 3 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Either way, you are still within the SOL.  I would be concerned about a lawsuit if it continues to go unpaid.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

Either way, you are still within the SOL.  I would be concerned about a lawsuit if it continues to go unpaid.  

That is the reason i am trying to settle the accounts. I have offered them 30% which is what i can afford to pay. If they sue me then i will file ch7.

Message 5 of 8
sjt
Senior Contributor

You can also negociate a payment plan in addition to the settlement amount.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is your state SOL based on date of your first delinquency, or date of last payment?

It varies......

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Is your state SOL based on date of your first delinquency, or date of last payment?

It varies......

I am not sure, some websites say it is 4 years from the DoFD and other say its 4 years from the date of last payment

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.