Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seventh Avenue Help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seventh Avenue Help?

Hi all,

I have an annoying account on my CRs, all three of them, from Seventh Avenue. I had no idea who this was as it is most definately not mine. I googled and found they were a catalog company of some sort. The account has been on my credit many many years and is actually due to fall off this December. Over the past couple years I have disputed it several times with the CRAs and written the company although not in a formal DV as I only recently became somewhat informed as to the proper processes regarding my credit. It always comes back verified and I got an affidavit once from Seventh Avenue asking for WAY too much personal info in the form of an identy theft complaint.

The account isnt mine, I want it removed but have worries about giving them all the info they are requesting. They wont send me any sort of info on the account other than the basics....no idea of what was ordered, who ordered it and when, and how ie. was this a phone order a mail order...did someone have to sign for the order, where was it mailed to etc etc.  If I give them everything from my social to my drivers liscense number am I not handing them all the things they most likely DONT have if this is an account opened by someone else?

Can I DV the account if I have been well aware of the account and disputed it several times already?

I would let it go, but it is showing as a 75$ past due balance and listed under my open accounts although in the notes it does say charged off account. I have thought several times about paying it off just to be done, but as awful as they have been it likely wont be deleted and now it really is the priciple that is bugging me. It is only 240$.

I have made much progress since finding this board.

Several open CCs for almost 2 years now with perfect payments and good percentages. I am just now starting to see a climb in my scores and think getting rid of this would give me that boost I need.

Thanks much!

Annie

EQ 597-dropped 10 points after several apps and accidentally letting a high balance go to long before paying down a card.

TU 607

Started off in the high 400's  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Seventh Avenue Help?

Unfortunately, you can't DV them because they are an OC. You can only DV CAs.

How long ago did you notice this account? Would you ever suspect ID theft? One option is to file a police report and use that for ID theft and will help in getting it removed. However, that could result in a fraud alert on your CR. If you saw this a long time ago on your CR, it may be too late to file a complaint.

Otherwise, you'd want to file complaints with the BBB, FTC, and your state's AG. Doing that may help.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did indeed see this some time ago, like I said, I have disputed it several times over the past few years thinking that surly they would remove it as there couldnt actually be anything going back to me since I didnt have anything to do with it, but that was naive thinking for sure. 

It seems that creditors with debts have to do much less than I thought to prove something belongs to you.

I think there is some sort of alert on my file as trying to get my report from Experien online came back that I needed to call to get the report.

I can get my reports from myfico no trouble as well as true credit.

I dont really wish to go the police report route just because as I said, I have known about this for some time. The truth is that I only recently figured out that it was soemthing that was really hurting me.

After running into walls the first few times I disputed I gave up and figured it was a small account and that I had entered a statement that it wasnt mine and that was that.

Now I want to take advantage of this great home buying situation with hubbys VA entitlement and have this account showing as past due when it is really almost 7 years old. Chances are it will not hurt us, but you have to have 12 months of no lates etc., and while I make that easy, I worry this account lists like it is currently past due.

Now I know not to let anythign like this go ever again.

Annie 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.