Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several high bal. installment - effect?

tag
Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

Several high bal. installment - effect?

My CU only resorts to EQ. About a two years ago they were bought up by a bigger, but still little and local CU. Shortly after that we bought a van and they did the loan for that. The CU tools up the two loans together and does a blessed rate so it only looks like one loan.

So what is reporting?

Our original car loan through the CU before it was bought up, under "Cute Credit Union." It hasn't reported since 2010, but it does Not Show the balance or payment as zero.

The car loan when it was gobbled up. Hasn't reported since 2011, but does show a balance not as zero and a payment, under "New Credit Union."

The combined loan under "New Credit Union" and it is current reporting every month.

Now, each of these report perfect credit history and Paying as Agreed. But when I look at my installment debt, it's a lot. Obviously this is an easy fix on a mortgage app, I already have a letter from my CU telling the story.

What I'm wondering is if I am seeing an impact to the score at all? I don't want to dispute with the CRA for fear any of it would get deleted and impact my AAoA. I called the CU twice and they have promised to call. I see no change yet. I just want the two old land to update with a zero balance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Several high bal. installment - effect?

This could be throwing your debt to income ratio out of whack. IMHO
Message 2 of 4
Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

That's exactly what I was wondering. And that would affect score, yes? At least minimally?
Message 3 of 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes it could. Potentially severely. If its the same loan then it should only show one trade line.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.