Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several questions and next steps

tag
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Several questions and next steps

Hello,

My goal this year was to clean up my credit then my wife's. I had a few questions and appreciate any input i can get:

• I pulled my credit karma scores and credit check total. Karma scores are 562 and CCT scores are 629, 633 and 651. 
  • I want to work off my credit karma report as it's easy to read and breaks out collections, missed payments, inquiries, etc. 

My question on the collection accounts:

1) I'm showing 4 different accounts in collections on different reports. One is cavalry portfolio. I'm making payments and it will be paid off within 6 months. I treid to PFD but it was denied. OC was lowes/SYNC Bank. Anything else i can do with this account besides try to pay it off as quickly as possible?

2) 2nd collection is quantum collections. Opened 10/1/13 and last reported 12/9/14. Should i poke the bear on this or let it alone and let it age? Is it having a significant impact on my scores? Should i try a PFD? 

3) 3rd collection is from granite cred. Medical collection. Opened 2011 and last reported 2012. Should i poke the bear or leave it alone? Is it having a significant impact on my scores? Should i try a PFD?

4) Steller recovery. I sent in a PFD and have not heard back from them. I sent a dispute through Equifax and it showed the collection was removed through credit karma. I tried a direct dispute through TU and yesterday it came back as an error. I have to call TU with the error number. It was opened 10/15 and last report 11/15. Should i do anything with this for now? Call TU? 

Here's my questions on the rest of the accounts:

1) On equifax i'm showing 1 account as past due which is dscover. However this was charged off and i'm currently making payments to the collection agency. Opened 2007 and last report 1/2016. On TU it's showing as closed/charged off. It's weird bcause it's not listed as a collection on TU. Any recommendations on this? I'm making payments on the arrangement that i made with the collection agency. I should be done paying off in about 6 months.

2) I'm showing 11 accounts that are showing missed payments. Most of these are already paid off and closed but had several late payments. Couple of them i tried to GW and waiting for response. Should i even bother with the closed accounts that are showing late? The last late i had was in 2015 but after that the account was paid off and closed. Do these accounts just need to age before my scores start improving? I did send in a couple of GW on a couple of these accounts but not holding my breath. However i did receive a call from the Executive office at cap one yesterday. The account is closed and paid off but i just wanted the negative stuff gone as i think it might help my credit.

3) I have 1 public record that was paid off in 1/2015. I'm in california and wondering if there's anything to do to get this off my report or just let it age?

Positives:

-Overall i have 2 cap one accounts (7K and 5K) that i recently received. I'm also and AU on my wife's 2 other cap one card. My overall utilization is 20%. I basically use the card then pay it off bi-weekly. No late payments

-We took out a car loan in 2014. Refinanced with cap one for lower APR few months ago and closed Santander account. No late payments.

-Mortgage account that had lates from modification. Last late was in February 2015. I sent a GW and they removed 3 late payments during the modification. However my modification took a few months extra due to a lien i needed to clear up. I sent another GW to see if they can remove those lates as well. On time payments since 2015. 

I appreciate any help or suggestion you can offer.

Thanks! 

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Re: Several questions and next steps

So just an update:

1) I received an update through credit karma that Stellar Recovery has been removed from my TU report. I sent in a PFD to Stellar and also disputed it for them to validate the debt, but i guess they decided to just delete it. I will takre that. Hopefuly they don't place it back on my credit rpeorts again. 

2) Signed up for CCT at $14 per month. Will see how htis goes for a little while while i try to repoir my credit. 

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes when it's in dispute CK "removes" the account.  If it's validated, it'll come back.  Don't put too much stock in CK, once you see how it works you'll understand how to use it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scorepower wrote:

Hello,

My goal this year was to clean up my credit then my wife's. I had a few questions and appreciate any input i can get:

• I pulled my credit karma scores and credit check total. Karma scores are 562 and CCT scores are 629, 633 and 651. 
  • I want to work off my credit karma report as it's easy to read and breaks out collections, missed payments, inquiries, etc. 

My question on the collection accounts:

1) I'm showing 4 different accounts in collections on different reports. One is cavalry portfolio. I'm making payments and it will be paid off within 6 months. I treid to PFD but it was denied. OC was lowes/SYNC Bank. Anything else i can do with this account besides try to pay it off as quickly as possible?

2) 2nd collection is quantum collections. Opened 10/1/13 and last reported 12/9/14. Should i poke the bear on this or let it alone and let it age? Is it having a significant impact on my scores? Should i try a PFD? 

3) 3rd collection is from granite cred. Medical collection. Opened 2011 and last reported 2012. Should i poke the bear or leave it alone? Is it having a significant impact on my scores? Should i try a PFD?

4) Steller recovery. I sent in a PFD and have not heard back from them. I sent a dispute through Equifax and it showed the collection was removed through credit karma. I tried a direct dispute through TU and yesterday it came back as an error. I have to call TU with the error number. It was opened 10/15 and last report 11/15. Should i do anything with this for now? Call TU? 

Here's my questions on the rest of the accounts:

1) On equifax i'm showing 1 account as past due which is dscover. However this was charged off and i'm currently making payments to the collection agency. Opened 2007 and last report 1/2016. On TU it's showing as closed/charged off. It's weird bcause it's not listed as a collection on TU. Any recommendations on this? I'm making payments on the arrangement that i made with the collection agency. I should be done paying off in about 6 months.

2) I'm showing 11 accounts that are showing missed payments. Most of these are already paid off and closed but had several late payments. Couple of them i tried to GW and waiting for response. Should i even bother with the closed accounts that are showing late? The last late i had was in 2015 but after that the account was paid off and closed. Do these accounts just need to age before my scores start improving? I did send in a couple of GW on a couple of these accounts but not holding my breath. However i did receive a call from the Executive office at cap one yesterday. The account is closed and paid off but i just wanted the negative stuff gone as i think it might help my credit.

3) I have 1 public record that was paid off in 1/2015. I'm in california and wondering if there's anything to do to get this off my report or just let it age?

Positives:

-Overall i have 2 cap one accounts (7K and 5K) that i recently received. I'm also and AU on my wife's 2 other cap one card. My overall utilization is 20%. I basically use the card then pay it off bi-weekly. No late payments

-We took out a car loan in 2014. Refinanced with cap one for lower APR few months ago and closed Santander account. No late payments.

-Mortgage account that had lates from modification. Last late was in February 2015. I sent a GW and they removed 3 late payments during the modification. However my modification took a few months extra due to a lien i needed to clear up. I sent another GW to see if they can remove those lates as well. On time payments since 2015. 

I appreciate any help or suggestion you can offer.

Thanks! 

scorepower,

As a base line you should pull you true and full reports and print them from annualcreditreport.com. That's a real eye opener!!! You'll see stuff there that you won't see in you online reports and I use CCT as well.

Each bureau has a dispute page on their website;

transunion.com/dispute

experian.com/dispute

equifax.com/dispute

Those will get you to the right place.

First have your reports printed and go through them with a fine toothed comb highlighting everything that has an error, false info, bad personal info, etc and you can dispute them right through that page. I got back emails within a couple of hours with the disputed stuff reviewed and removed. I only disputed bad personal info, very old addresses and phone numbers (I had a bunch of those that were never mine and don't know where they came from. I also had a completely different SSN reporting as an alternate on TU and I have no idea what that was all about) all of them were resolved.

I didn't have a lot of big stuff that I could dispute but ther is a CO that will age off this September and I chose to call all three bureaus and ask for an EE. After going through the motions with the 1st level CS at TU I asked to be elevated to the next level and even being 8mths early they removed it. I had to escalate through 3 levels with the other 2 and Ex has put it in for review (many people here say that it usually removes within a couple of weeks when you get that) and I'm going to call the main corporate offices on Monday with EQ. Will wee where that goes but even if not this month I will still try every couple of weeks until it does fall off.

One thing I was told by the 3rd level supervisor at EQ was "Go through this credit line throroughly across al three reports and try to identify any little thing that is not right and make your request based on that and we will do it."!!!!!

You really need those hard reports in your hand, make files for each one and keep track of any corespondence and you will find that you really can do more than you thought to make some of the negatives go away.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.