Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several questions...ugh!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several questions...ugh!

So trhough deployments and my ex wife's wise decisions, my credit got destroyed. I was as low as a 450 and am now to the low 500's. Now to get to out of the 500's! Smiley Very Happy

So first thing... I have a judgement that was placed in Virgina. I lived in KY at the times, but am now back home in CA. The Debt is paid off. Is it possible to get that Judgement removed? What would my first steps be?

I have a good credit that is reported 2 times for around 20,000 each times. Paid off clodes. Should I get the second item removed or will it actually help my score?

Thirdly when I dispute an item, do I need to dispute with each agency, or just with one?

Thanks for all your help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Several questions...ugh!

You need to provide a little more information regarding the judgment.

Was the account opened in Virginia?

Did you ever live in Virginia?

Were you properly served?

When was it filed?

What is double reported? How old is it? Is there anything negative on it?

As for disputing, IF you were going to dispute it with the CRA, might as well dispute with the CRA it is reported on.

But, I have to ask, what are you disputing and why?

Most things are better handled another way other than disputing.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to provide a little more information regarding the judgment.

Was the account opened in Virginia?

This I'm not sure, I just see it on my CR

Did you ever live in Virginia?

No, never, I was stationed in KY at the time, also where I got the loan.

Were you properly served?

How would you define properly served?

When was it filed?

on my CR date filed is Feb 2007, date resolved n/a

What is double reported? How old is it? Is there anything negative on it?

A jeep I bought Joint with my grandfather when I joined the Mil. Paid/closed/never late.

Opened 7/02, reported since 7/02, date of status and last reported both read  5/04 on one, 5/02 on the other. Both also read about $23k.

But, I have to ask, what are you disputing and why?

Well I'm trying to get the negs off my report of course. As far as the good credit jeep, I was "thinking" to get less information off my record. I just want it clean lol. THanks for your help SW.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, you are saying that when you lived in KY, you got a loan and was sued on it in Virginia? And you've never lived in Virginia?

Proper Service is defined in state statutes. I would start by contacting the court house this was filed in and request copies of everything pertaining to the judgment.

As for the jeep, I would be careful of doing anything there, as you don't want to get both of them deleted, as they are helping your credit.

If the negatives are accurate, don't dispute them. That is unethical and discussion of such is prohibited on the forums, so lets stay clear of that route.

I would suggest you read the links in my signature. There is a wealth of information found in those links.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, lived in KK, got the loan in KY, they filed the lawsuit in Virginia.

Will do, thanks again SW.

Oh, as far as Negs, no I wouldnt lie about them. I was young and dint know better. We all make mistakes, it's those that learn from them that are rewarded.

Message Edited by Charlesrking on 11-08-2008 04:45 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this an OC that sued or a CA that sued?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.