Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady Collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shady Collections?

So originally, I had a problem paying off my tuition, and for several months I didn't make payments. Last week, a collections agency contacted me about the debt, which I thought was weird since, it had only been a couple of months that I wasn't able to pay off the debt. Then the actual University mailed me a letter about the debt and giving me the options to remit or dispute the debt within the 30 day window, Before I can even get a DV or PFD mailed to the University, this collections agency has been contacted me nonstop and has been leaving messages like, "If you don't talk to us, no one will be able to help you with this matter?" or "You only have a few more days in which we can help you?". I've read on this forum to just settle with the OC, but should I worry about not answering the calls of the CA? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shady Collections?

Under the Fair Debt Collection Act, you have the right to NOT be contacted by phone. Send them a letter informing them that they are not to contact you by phone in the future, and that all correspondence with be through the mail

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.