Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your experience with Midland

tag
space10
Established Member

Share your experience with Midland

I am pretty new here so I am still trying to get the hang of this credit rebuilding thing. I have a collections account with Midland from 2010 for about $800. I tried contacting them multiple times but they were not interested in settling. I will pay them but I want to get this removed from my credit report because I need to refinance my mortgage as soon as possible. Has anyone had any postive experience with them with PFD? or GW? How will my credit score be affected if I settle versus pay in full? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TravisD
Contributor

Re: Share your experience with Midland

For what its worth I disputed a Midland collection from 2009 about two months ago and they never responded so it was taken off. Edited

........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 2 of 5
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

I just sent 3 DVs to midland ...   (they received yesterday) Mine fall off in 2014 so we will see when/if they respond. Ill dispute if they don't respond. I'm curious if they are supposed to change status to disputed on CR..  

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 3 of 5
doc101
Regular Contributor

I have had some success with Midland . I had 2 accounts in collections with them but never contacted them. I received letters from them which gave options to either pay in full or settle for 50% of the full balance. The smaller balance was paid in full and I settled the other account. They updated my reports to reflect the changes as well as a written agreement from them. A small victory I suppose but every little step towards a higher credit rating is worth it.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 5
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Midland had a legit charge off from a CC of mine for $525.

Once they got ahold of me the interest had built to $700. I tried numerous times to PFD and was rejected every time. Ultimately I paid their "settlement offer" of $605.

The collection reports as paid, and the original credit line reports as charged off. I'm afraid I'm stuck with both tradelines for the next 5 years.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.