Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sherman Financial says they will delete judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sherman Financial says they will delete judgement

I need some advice.  I have been working on my credit for the past few months and have had great success.  I am trying to get approved for a mortgage. I am dealing with the last couple of things on my credit reports and Im not exactly sure what to do. 

I have a judgement on my reports and the CA that ownes the account is Sherman Financial. Amount is $629. It an old judgement, will be off my reports in about a year and a half.  I spoke with them and they told me they would settle for $390 and that they would delete the judgement from my credit reports - I didnt even ask them too.  Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this - obvousley I dont think I should just take their word for it. 

Also, I have a collection account that I paid directly to the OC and they said they would tell CA to delete but CA says they cant delete??  Any advice

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Sherman Financial says they will delete judgement

On the first ? - I would decide if it's worth it to you at this time to pay it and get it deleted, or just not pay and wait another year or however long.  Just make sure you get it in writing that they agree to delete, and make sure you don't pay them with a personal check bc then they have your bank account information.

Have you OPTED OUT?

The second part -- I would starting raising holy moses with the OC - write letters to the CEO etc etc.  Get them to get that account back from the CA and get it deleted.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to get approved for a mortgage so any judgement on my reports have to be paid, so yes I am willing and it is worth it to me to pay it.  I didnt think judgements could be deleted, am I wrong??  I thought that it would just show on my reports as satasfied.  Can a CA completley remove the judgement??

Message 3 of 7
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Mine wasn't from the same creditor, but I settled mine for the original judgment amount (they originally wanted lots of interest, too) and I received a letter saying it was paid in full.  They told me over the phone that they would notify the court that it was settled, and in the letter it said that they would delete it from my credit report.  I checked my report today and it is actually gone!!!

It feels so good, that thing has been like an anchor weighing me down for years!

Good luck!

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 4 of 7
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Oh and I'm closing on my house next week - all the underwriter needed was a copy of that "paid in full" letter from the judgment holder, and a copy of my bank statement showing the funds taken out. 

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 5 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

The CA can not delete the Judgment.  The CA/OC/attorney or someone will have to go back to the Court and have the Judgment vacated to have it removed from your report.  Paying it only satisfies the Judgment. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

If the words came from a CA, assume they were a lie.

Get it in writing and don't give them any banking information. There's never a reason why they can't accept a postal money order and spend whatever time putting something in writing takes. I mean really..... they've been looking for years and can't take a few minutes to type up a letter?

I got hosed by one a little more than 4 years ago. Paid them and the guy got amnesia regarding the information coming off my report.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.