Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick Doesnt Like Me

tag
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick Doesnt Like Me

@Chitwngrl wrote:

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what's the shopping cart trick?

Basically, on certain store web site you get a preapproved credit card offer with only soft pull.  Do a search for Shopping Cart and you will find out how to do it.

Message 11 of 25
Chitwngrl
New Contributor

Should I do a search for "shopping cart" here or on Google?

Starting Score:EQ 653, TU 612, EX 618 (pulled by Mort Broker)
Current Score:EX643TU637EQ659
Goal Score: 700's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

@qd wrote:

Make sure you have your popup blocker turned off.  Some said deleting internet temporary files first...closing browser...then trying again helped them.

hmm will give it a shot later tonight what browser do you guys typically use when doing the shopping cart trick i have been trying with Google Chrome and IE ....

I've also heard this can be the problem

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 25
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

@qd wrote:

Make sure you have your popup blocker turned off.  Some said deleting internet temporary files first...closing browser...then trying again helped them.

hmm will give it a shot later tonight what browser do you guys typically use when doing the shopping cart trick i have been trying with Google Chrome and IE ....

It has ONLY worked for me using Firefox (VS, Express & Buckle), Chrome is my default browser..

I have also heard (or read) that there is a limit on how many Comenity Bank lines of credit will be presented as pre-approval (unless I read the OP post wrong, trying for 6+ stores)

Message 14 of 25
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

@qd wrote:

It has ONLY worked for me using Firefox (VS, Express & Buckle), Chrome is my default browser..

I have also heard (or read) that there is a limit on how many Comenity Bank lines of credit will be presented as pre-approval (unless I read the OP post wrong, trying for 6+ stores)

I was given 6 preapprovals and I took them all, I need the TL's. And the "approval" screen was like a high Smiley Surprised Those who do it be careful though, if you do a lot within a few days they may freeze your accounts and want proof of identity, it just happened to me. I failed one of the security questions on the phone even though I AM TOTALLY ME, so I had to mail in copies of DL, SScard, etc. and my accounts will be released in about a week.

Message 15 of 25
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

and which report do they soft pull out of curiousity...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 16 of 25
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

and how many items do you add to your cart totalling what amount...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 17 of 25
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:
and how many items do you add to your cart totalling what amount...

I had less than $50 in my cart for all the pre-approvals, I think it's TU, but I have never thought to look!

Message 18 of 25
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

I wondered about this, I figured I just didn't have the credit to be approved.

I was using Google Chrome. I went to VS, threw like $100 in the cart and tried to check out as a guest. Put in name/address...nothing, then I plug in the name of another member of my household and boom, there was a preapproval popup for $350.

Lesson learned: it's not my browser, it's my credit lol.

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 25
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

guess maybe its mine too lol...
Current Cards

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.