cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick Questions

tag
Fixing_My_Credit

Shopping Cart Trick Questions

Would this work for me with a 530-550 score, or should I wait until I am up to 600? I know the address has to match exactly as seen on my credit report but how do I make sure I am opted in for this to work like people say?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shopping Cart Trick Questions

@Fixing_My_Credit wrote:

Would this work for me with a 530-550 score, or should I wait until I am up to 600? I know the address has to match exactly as seen on my credit report but how do I make sure I am opted in for this to work like people say?

Depends on what the underwriting criteria is for the card, I would tend to think no, its too low and would have better chance near 600. You just need to go to the opt in/out website and opt in for all CRAs https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Message 2 of 6
DSFA
Established Member

As long as this topic came up.... (and not to hijack the thread) but...

I tried the other night and couldn't even get the pop up to well, pop up. I tried JCrew and Express. I have no need for anything from VS so didn't bother to try them. Every time I tried it would simply ask for my payment info. I ensured I was opted in, and tried again to the same effect. No pop up would come up. I tried using different browsers and even an "anonymous page" so that anything in the cache or any previous cookies wouldn't affect the site. Nothing. Each time it would simply take me to the payment page and want me to input my payment info. What am I doing wrong?

Message 3 of 6
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Did you clear the browsing history?

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 6
NewYxox
New Contributor

Just a little FYI, sometimes even if you do everything right like clear browsing history, opt in to get the pop ups, ect..it may still not pop up because of your credit report & score. You also have to make sure address is exactly the same with the report their pulling from. I tried over & over and it never worked for me and my mom did it using my computer & bam instantly popped up. So just take that into consideration as well.

FICO EQ score as of 2/20/14; 546
FICO TU score as of 2/28/14; 492
FICO EX score as of 2/28/14; 551
Goal: 650 across all 3 by 12/2014
Message 5 of 6
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@Fixing_My_Credit wrote:

It might.  My EQ score via ScoreWatch is 552, this was as of 2/27/14.  I did the cart trick at the end of Dec of 2013 and early Jan of this year.  Don't know exactly where my score was at that time, but I know it was lower, probably closer to 500 than 550, across all CRA's.   I got Express and HSN.  I could have gotten Buckle, VS, Ann Taylor and Loft also.  But I had no need for those other ones, so didn't pull the trigger.  So you can get them with lower scores.

I think it is just a matter of trying and trying.  Most of mine popped up within a week or so of starting to try.  I still cannot get J Crew and a lot of the others to give me the luv, but I try still.  My wife got Woman Within, OneStopPlus, Pottery Barn, JCrew, VS, but she cannot get "love" from HSN or Express.  She got teh JCrew and VS btw.  So it seems kind of like a game of chance.  But it can happen with lower scores.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.