Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick Success

tag
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Shopping Cart Trick Success

So, I saw on another thread that there was a "shopping cart trick".

Skeptical, I figured I would give it a try, since I'm still in rebuilding mode. Went to Express, just messing around, went to the checkout, and the pre-approval appeared. Still skeptical, I entered my information and viola! Instantly approved. Granted, it is a small credit line, but a new TL for the CRAs.

I don't shop at Express, so I don't see me using this card often except for maybe getting something for my girlfriend.

I love these forums! I've been learning so much and look forward to reporting more great news in the future!

Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick Success

@Duke84 wrote:

So, I saw on another thread that there was a "shopping cart trick".

Skeptical, I figured I would give it a try, since I'm still in rebuilding mode. Went to Express, just messing around, went to the checkout, and the pre-approval appeared. Still skeptical, I entered my information and viola! Instantly approved. Granted, it is a small credit line, but a new TL for the CRAs.

I don't shop at Express, so I don't see me using this card often except for maybe getting something for my girlfriend. I bought my husband some jeans from there and he LOVES them.  Said they are so comfortable and best he's ever had. 

I love these forums! I've been learning so much and look forward to reporting more great news in the future!

Message 2 of 32
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I just tired myself and got a VS card for $350.  I will take it.

I just started this process.  You guys rock.

Message 4 of 32
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

You can use the VS card @ Bath and Body Works as well!  Great place to buy soaps, etc.  Their candles are too expensive for their burn time, but love the soaps!

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!.......Thanks for sharing :-)

Message 6 of 32
devineer1
Regular Contributor

I am trying this and have had no success.. may I ask does it matter what brower you use or anything?

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 7 of 32
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@devineer1 wrote:

I am trying this and have had no success.. may I ask does it matter what brower you use or anything?

I'm wondering the same thing as I've had no success either.  I've cleared my history/cookies.  Used info identical to my credit reports.  Tried it in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer... NOTHING!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 8 of 32
eric19k
Established Contributor

you need to be opt in for soft pulls for the offers.
Had the same problem of not getting any offers.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Safari and had sucess with VS and Express.  No luck with some of the others.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.