Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick

tag
Njoy
Valued Member

Shopping Cart Trick

I was in the community reading about the shopping cart trick and realized that this has NEVER happened to me. What am I doing incorrectly?

Then I went to Joss & Main. Logged on to my account and realized my phone number was incorrect I updated it and saved it went about merry way shopping for things I may never buy. But low and behold, I decide to purchase something and go to check out. VOILA!! Up pops the little popup saying I've been pre-approved for a WayFair card!! You could have knocked me over with a feather! A few clicks later and there you go!! A new CL!! 

Thanks!

Starting Score: 507 (8/2010)
Current Score: 635 (EQ-7/2011)
Current Score: 683 (TU-7/2011)Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick

@Njoy wrote:

I was in the community reading about the shopping cart trick and realized that this has NEVER happened to me. What am I doing incorrectly?

Then I went to Joss & Main. Logged on to my account and realized my phone number was incorrect I updated it and saved it went about merry way shopping for things I may never buy. But low and behold, I decide to purchase something and go to check out. VOILA!! Up pops the little popup saying I've been pre-approved for a WayFair card!! You could have knocked me over with a feather! A few clicks later and there you go!! A new CL!! 

Thanks!

Information has to be entered exactly on your credit report.  Don't open up too many accounts cause Comenity has been shutting down accounts if too many are opened too quickly.  Congrats on Wayfair.  They have nice stuff.Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.