Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

Shopping Cart Trick

I have 16 inquiries on TU, 11 inquiries on Experian, and 6 inquries on EQ so I definitely don't need to do any more applications. However, is it is a bad thing for me to add accounts by AU, or for example shopping cart trick to increase my credit limits thereby increasing my utilization. By the way my AAOA is a average of 8.2 years on TU, EXP, and EQ.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick

It is up to you.  I would personally add a solid AU account before doing shopping cart tricks.  IMO unless you shop at one of the stores religiously it is a waste of a hit to you AAoA.  I understand that it is a SP, but you probably won't gain a whole lot of padding on your util as most CL's are only a few hundred bucks.  

IMO, wait for your scores to rise up and apply for a card you want.  Doing the shopping cart trick is cool and all at the time, but you will most likely regret it later.

Message 2 of 4
mato01
Regular Contributor

You're right. I think for me its best to just continue my gardening and wait it out. I've managed to get 2 paid collections deleted from my credit reports this week, so the work continues to pay off. 

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 3 of 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

I think that would be the best bet.  Continue cleaning up your reports and you will be happy in the long rung.  Congrats on your recent success.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.