Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick - ShopNBC

tag
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Shopping cart trick - ShopNBC

I'm on the checkout screen on shopnbc.com, after I enter my name & address.. I get the YOU'RE PREAPPROVED pop-up..

I'm like whatever..& go for it.. 

The next page asks me to confirm my last name.. the page after that has my name & addr pre-filled.. further down it asks for my bday and last 4 of ssn.. and annual income (?) Ok..

Same page has the usual disclosures.. I hit enter.. 

Next page says.. CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE APPROVED ..I should be happy right (?) lol but I feel guilty for some very odd reason... I don't know..

Anyways.. has anybody else received this pop-up or have this card? Please let me know what you think.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick - ShopNBC

If anyone cares to know.. the Shop NBC card is issued by GE and I was approved for $1K. And it was definitely a soft pull.

Message 2 of 15
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! Trying it now

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 3 of 15
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

I did the same for both Jared's (jewelers) and Victoria Secret.  I haven't seen it show up as a hard pull yet, but I'll post back in a couple of days to see if it shows and let you know for sure. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 4 of 15
Nola_Bee
Contributor

The preapproval banner is almost undetectable so be sure to look very closely at the screen. I did it on my phone and nearly missed it lol

Message 5 of 15
Nola_Bee
Contributor

@NibblesTreats wrote:

I did the same for both Jared's (jewelers) and Victoria Secret.  I haven't seen it show up as a hard pull yet, but I'll post back in a couple of days to see if it shows and let you know for sure. Smiley Happy

Nibbles.. did Jared only ask for the last 4 of your ssn?

Message 6 of 15
myesha87
Contributor

Can you tell me what CRA they did a soft pull on?

Message 7 of 15
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Yes, Jared only asked for the last 4.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 8 of 15
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Sorry I'm replying so late.. I'm not sure which CR they softed.. won't know until the 24th when I can refresh my reports. However I'm 100% sure it was only a soft pull as I only

provided the last 4 of my ssn, and I have not gotten any alerts from my monitoring service. In the past I've been notified within a day if I have a hard inquiry (USAA CMS). 

I did however get the alert that the account has started reporting.. it shows up as GECRB/ShopHQ. 

Message 9 of 15
diamond9928

That's great..

I was pre-approved the same way with Victoria's Secret's, J. Crew, Bon Ton, Buckle, The Loft , Express and One Stop Plus. Only charge a small amount and then pay it off. I've had my VS for a little over 6 months and the limit was increased from $ 250 to $ 400 within that time period. I wasn't notified of the increase, just found out when paying my bill.       

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.