Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick finally gave me somethin'

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Shopping cart trick finally gave me somethin'

After trying the shopping card trick for the last 4 months.... I finally got a popup. Thanks Vicky Secret!! It is only 250 limit, but it is my first unsecured trade line since fingerhut. <3 So stoked, tried express, j crew, buckle, and sportsmans guide (i really want that one!!) no luck. I get my scores updated tomrorow so they must have improved!!! I used an incognito window in chrome and checked out as a guest, didn't buy anything.  <3 YAY!

**UPDATE**  

Just randomly tried Roamans card, got $250 CL!!!!  I will probably only use this to get my lil sis shoes as gifts, shes a size 11W, but it wil grow that creditttt wooho. 

Such a good feeling, ha, I am adicted to fixing credit.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shopping cart trick finally gave me somethin'

Congrats on the new card Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

+1

I wish the darn trick would work for me. I think my fraud alert is blocking me though. I'd rather have the fraud alert with all the craziness with Id theft going on.
Message 3 of 10
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

True that!! I have monitoring on all three bureaus so I feel preeeeeeetty safe. Smiley Surprised

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 4 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I can't get the trick to work for me either and all I want is a Vicky's card!

Smiley Sad

LOL

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 10
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

The only thing I can think is my EQ is finally above 600...you're close!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 6 of 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 10
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys, just trying to slowly crawl towards those prime cards.... one day. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 9 of 10
mebell
Regular Contributor

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

After trying the shopping card trick for the last 4 months.... I finally got a popup. Thanks Vicky Secret!! It is only 250 limit, but it is my first unsecured trade line since fingerhut. <3 So stoked, tried express, j crew, buckle, and sportsmans guide (i really want that one!!) no luck. I get my scores updated tomrorow so they must have improved!!! I used an incognito window in chrome and checked out as a guest, didn't buy anything.  <3 YAY!

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.