cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick success!!

tag

Shopping cart trick success!!

SO EXCITED!!!!!

Tried out the shopping cart trick, after opting back in last week, and got preapprovals for Victoria's Secret, J.Crew, and Buckle! I only tried those 3 and Express, but could not get a preapproval from Express for some reason (which is the one I really wanted!)

It was too easy Smiley Tongue

All 3 credit bureaus use my middle initial which I was able to enter for VS, Buckle, & J.Crew, but for Express,I'm not sure which report is SP-it didn't have a place for my middle initial, so maybe that afftected it, I'm not sure.

Otherwise, I'm so excited and wanted to share : )

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MsMiami
Valued Member

Re: Shopping cart trick success!!

its funny because the Express shopping trick worked for me 3 years ago and have not been able to get VS at all & thats the one I want!! LOL but anyways, Congrats!

..............................................................................................................................
Credit score: 01/2016 TU 669
Fingerhut (2,200) | Express (2,650) | Cap1 Secured (200) | Credit1 (1,000) | | Quicksilver (600) | JCP (3,500) | VS (2,350) | Jared (3,000) | Walmart (4,000) | Bloomingdales (600) | Nordstrom (2,000) | Old Navy (4,000) | nRewards (5,000) | Barclay (1,500) |
Message 2 of 6
Seb1010
New Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick success!!

None of them ever work for me Smiley Sad

But Congrats!!!

Message 3 of 6
rockon0921

I

Worked for me I got a VS, Express, and HSN card. I had to stop myself from getting anymore. I wish I knew this sooner I wouldn't of taken so many Inq. Hits. but ohh well on last 3 months my score jumped up 60 point and rising so it's all good.

Message 4 of 6
wesconsin

Re: I

what is this trick?

Starting Score: 545
Current Score: 545
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: I

You can do a search for it on the forums for greater detail. You go to one of the above mentioned websites, add an item or two to your cart and proceed to check out as a guest. As your entering your information they soft pull you and if you meet their criteria they offer you a preapproval.  It can be good for rebuilding and adding accounts without taking the inquiries especially if you enjoy shopping at those stores.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.