Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping cart trick

anyone know which stores the shopping cart trick is so you get instantly approved using 4 ssn's

also do store credit cards help your credit.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping cart trick

I got Express, Buckle and Victoria Secret with the shopping cart trick. Yes, they can help your score, especially if you don't use them and they help with debt ratio. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you do this?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get trapped in shopping cart trick hell.  One store card is fine but getting 10 of them is a bad idea and may restrict what limits you get down the road.

Also, there are rumors online that Comenity is striking the grace period on some of their store cards, which means you pay interest from day 1 on any charges.

If you get ONE store card using SCT, make sure it's a card you actually will use and get some rewards for.

If you are rebuilding credit, get Cap1 secured, Discover secured, and one store card to start.  Then garden for 6-12 months.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have cap1 secured applied for discovery it and got declined. With 560 credit scores. What other secured card do you recommend?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EricHeisenberg search SCT in the forums, it's actually a fairly simple process. However, as others have mentioned, don't get stuck in SCT h*ll with toy limits and high rates.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only two worked for me overstock and Victoria secret
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure with Overstock would work for my husband or me. It worked for my son who has 700+ scores across the board on the first try, but not us. We have tried EVERYTHING. It just won't pop. 

We we got a handful of others, though.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.