Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick

tag
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Shopping cart trick

Hello forum! I just had some questions about the shopping card trick. I'm trying to get a couple cards, although my credit isn't great it's starting to come up. I'm in the 540 range, have the capital one secured, discover it secured, just got approved for the credit one card ( I know it's not great at all but they were even declining me even a week ago, finally somehow they finally approved me) I did the shopping cart trick and it worked on express, but no luck on anything g else, I want atleast 1 more store card, some of the sites that it works on will actually be really helpful for my child that's going to be born in January. I know my score is really low but is there any other little tips or tricks for this to work? Any reason it would work on express but no one else? I've gone into incognito mode, cleared cache and cookies and history. Any other tips would be appreciated. Or should I wait a couple months for my score to go up some more before trying again? Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping cart trick

@Kizzel00 wrote:
Hello forum! I just had some questions about the shopping card trick. I'm trying to get a couple cards, although my credit isn't great it's starting to come up. I'm in the 540 range, have the capital one secured, discover it secured, just got approved for the credit one card ( I know it's not great at all but they were even declining me even a week ago, finally somehow they finally approved me) I did the shopping cart trick and it worked on express, but no luck on anything g else, I want atleast 1 more store card, some of the sites that it works on will actually be really helpful for my child that's going to be born in January. I know my score is really low but is there any other little tips or tricks for this to work? Any reason it would work on express but no one else? I've gone into incognito mode, cleared cache and cookies and history. Any other tips would be appreciated. Or should I wait a couple months for my score to go up some more before trying again? Thanks!

Hi Kizze.  Congrats on the new baby.  Give it a couple more months and all of your cards report and you should see a score boost.  Then, only apply for the cards that you will use.  When I started rebuilding, I went a little crazy with the SCT and ended up closing a lot of cards that didn't suit my needs.  You're doing good.  Just maintain a good payment history and if you have some baddies, work on taking care of them.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have 3 cards already i think you are ok for your profile right now. Let those report and only try SCT on the card that suits your need and grows. They didn't pop up for me until i was around 590s ymmv
Message 3 of 7
Kizzel00
New Contributor

I appreciate the kind words. That's what I'll do. The only reason I was wanting any of the other cards is because some of those sites would really helpful with the baby coming and have the plus side of building positive tradelines. I'll just wait until December or January and try again. My utilization is high because I didn't know when my new cards reported, but they are all under 10 percent now so Im expecting a big jump early next month once they report the updated balances. Utilization shows 100 percent right now :/ the simulators show I should be close or at 600 once the Utilization updates, even if it's a 40 point jump I'd be happy
Message 4 of 7
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

I got J Crew and Victoria's Secret.  I really want Pottery Barn and Loft.  Any helpful hints?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for pottery barn with a 4K credit line. I applied through their site though, not the shopping card trick. my mid score is 644. I am not sure yet what report they pull. It hasn't shown up on my credit report yet.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.  I have been using the SCT for the past two months, and I managed to get SP pop ups for VS, Express, NY & Co., Roamans, J.Jill, J.Crew, Coldwater Creek, Boscovs, the Limited and Solutions.  I am very happy with what I have acheved, especially since I started with $250 approvals and now my approvals are at $1,000 for some reason.  This is not why I am writiing.  My surprise, just today, came from the GAP site.  I registsered for an account, placed two items totalling under $100 in my bag, and upon checkout, there was non pop up, but on the right side of the screen, where it shows you the total for the items and shipping, and then followed by the grand total, it said (right above that) Congratulations, you have been preapproved for the GAP credit card.

I clicked on the "See Terms" botton, and a pop up came with my name and full address already filled, but it asked me for my date of birth and full SS#.  My wife love's Banana Republic, so I said what the hec, worth getting this card, so I filled my SS# number and date of birth and was immediately approved for $500.  The wonderful part is that it was absolutely 100% SP.  I did not receive any notification from several services I am enrolled in, and I checked my Credit Report in all three bureaus, and nothing!! No Inquiry.

Now, here is my analysis of what happened.  The GAP, which allows its card to be used at the GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athletica, is issued by Synchrony Financial, which also issues the Walmart credit card.  I already have the Walmart card, and just recently they increased my CL there from $500 to $750 without me asking (First time ever and I had the card for two years now).  I assume that the SP was because I am already a customer of Synchrony, but can't really tell.  Just thorugh to share this in case someone wants the GAP card.  My scores are TU 609, EQ 611, EP 660.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.