Frequent Contributor
jake619

Short Sale behind me now...

We short sold our home and it finally closed 5/2010.  Banks closed all of our revolving cards with no balances.  Thanks for that.  I waited almost a year and app spree'd for Amex Blue, Chase Slate, Citi and CapOne.  Went 1 for 4 and ended up with CapOne (shocker).  I knew my credit was trash and was just excited to be extended any credit.  Fast forward to 11/2012.  I app'd for Barclays Rewards Average.  TU=677, EQ=675, EX=637.  I got the "not-so-fast-there" wait for the 10 day review BS.  I haven't seen anything in the mail or email, and the website shows no update when I check there.

My badness seems to be aging and I've been quite good missing no payments anywhere since 6/2010.  Should Barclays be this difficult to get?  I half expected immediate approval based on others experiences.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Valued Member
CollectionKing

Re: Short Sale behind me now...

So you just have 1 CC right now?

Starting Score: 467 EQ
Current Score: 467 EQ
Goal Score: 720+

CollectionKing's Rebuild Thread

Frequent Contributor
jake619

Correct.  Since the close of the short sale I have just the one CapOne card.  The other card I have is a Corp AMEX.  It, too was acquired post short sale.  They pulled my credit to approve me even though it is corp.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Valued Member
CollectionKing

Whats your utilization on your cap one?bbbb

Frequent Contributor
jake619

48%

GangnamFICO wrote:

Valued Member
CollectionKing

It's currently reporting @ 48% or that's just your current balance? Try and get it reporting to 10% or less, 5% or zero would be ideal. That should give you a little bump if your currently reporting that high of a util.

Frequent Contributor
jake619

it's reporting at 48%.  balance is 40%.  they havent said yes or no yet so maybe they're just looking real close.  if i get declined in will recon it - i have that already planned out.  I really want to ditch the CapOne card.  almost 2 years with them and they declined my CLI at the 18-month point.  i'll keep it to retain the age but i don't feel the love.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Valued Member
CollectionKing

If you don't get approved you should check out the USAA secured AMEX.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+