Frequent Contributor

Short Sale behind me now...

We short sold our home and it finally closed 5/2010.  Banks closed all of our revolving cards with no balances.  Thanks for that.  I waited almost a year and app spree'd for Amex Blue, Chase Slate, Citi and CapOne.  Went 1 for 4 and ended up with CapOne (shocker).  I knew my credit was trash and was just excited to be extended any credit.  Fast forward to 11/2012.  I app'd for Barclays Rewards Average.  TU=677, EQ=675, EX=637.  I got the "not-so-fast-there" wait for the 10 day review BS.  I haven't seen anything in the mail or email, and the website shows no update when I check there.

My badness seems to be aging and I've been quite good missing no payments anywhere since 6/2010.  Should Barclays be this difficult to get?  I half expected immediate approval based on others experiences.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Valued Member

Re: Short Sale behind me now...

So you just have 1 CC right now?

Starting Score: 467 EQ
Current Score: 467 EQ
Goal Score: 720+

CollectionKing's Rebuild Thread

Frequent Contributor

Correct.  Since the close of the short sale I have just the one CapOne card.  The other card I have is a Corp AMEX.  It, too was acquired post short sale.  They pulled my credit to approve me even though it is corp.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Valued Member

Whats your utilization on your cap one?bbbb

Frequent Contributor

48%

GangnamFICO wrote:

Valued Member

It's currently reporting @ 48% or that's just your current balance? Try and get it reporting to 10% or less, 5% or zero would be ideal. That should give you a little bump if your currently reporting that high of a util.

Frequent Contributor

it's reporting at 48%.  balance is 40%.  they havent said yes or no yet so maybe they're just looking real close.  if i get declined in will recon it - i have that already planned out.  I really want to ditch the CapOne card.  almost 2 years with them and they declined my CLI at the 18-month point.  i'll keep it to retain the age but i don't feel the love.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Valued Member

If you don't get approved you should check out the USAA secured AMEX.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.