Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot Down by Capital One Exec Office

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Shot Down by Capital One Exec Office

Oh, and with "rebucketing", you might be better off with that late. Without it, you would probably be compared to a higher tier of consumer and you might not look as good in that bucket and your score might actually DROP if you got succeeded in your mission.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I only got mine removed because after 3 emails to the fake CEO email were all denied.  A letter to the address listed in my CA was denied.  I took someone's tip on here to try the CapOne website chat and they guy said yes.  I then got a letter 2 weeks later that said no.  So I called the CS guy and he said no.......but I had a smoking gun.  I emailed the fake CEO email addressagain and attached a full copy of my conversation that I printed.  I'm sure the legal dept. said to make him go away.  In  fact the nice young lady said that this was NOT a GW gesture but in fact just the "right thing to do" since their representative did give me an answer in the affirmative....I didn't argue the point.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 12 of 14
jmc912
Valued Member

I agree Guiness, it'st the inconsistency that bothers me. They should either do it or not do it at all. I'm not sure what criteria they use to decide who they will delete for. 

Signguy, I have been trying the chat method to try to get someone who can say they will delete. Unfortunately everyone I've chatted with just says they can't delete it and they will initiate a dispute. 

I've requested statements and I'm waiting on those to see if I was in fact 30 days late. I don't remember it being that long. 

Message 13 of 14
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Totally agree with you jmc.  Inconsistency in both businesses and when getting advice about something is bothersome.  Hopefully someone can PM you a direct contact that can help.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.