Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot down by HSBC

tag
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Shot down by HSBC

I wrote a GW letter last week and addressed it to the President of HSBC. It asked for removal of two 30-day lates that happened 2 years ago when I was undergoing surgery and radiation for endometrial cancer. These are  the only 2 lates on the account.  I got a call today from someone in the company today who called to say  they're not allowed to remove lates from accounts. I said I know that it does happen, but if she can't help me I understand.

Is there any point in trying again with someone else in the company or do you guys think that I've done all I can do?

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shot down by HSBC

No, I dont think you should give up.

I know many suggest going as high up in the company as possible when requesting good will. Anda that has merits.

But that can, in my opinion, also have a down side.

Some companies have a policy that prior derogs should not be deleted.  That stems from their formal credit reporting agreements with the CRAs.

Asking the top man to violate their own policy may cause confusion within underlings.

Asking a lower-level employee to overlook that policy would not have the same repurcussions, if granted.

So, no, would not give up.  But I would also not, in my renewed good-will letter, tell the recipient that it has previosly been denied at a higher corporate level.

Employees dont like to overrule their boss" boss.

Message 2 of 10
credit_questons
Established Member

I too was shot down by HSBC. I wanted them to remove a charge off 6 months early and they wouldn't do it. I am amazed that banks find federal regulations mere suggestions and are willing to engage in all kinds of shady practices that are bad for the economy and their customers, but they are 100% honest about that credit reporting because they are sooo honest.

I got a call from executive customer resolution, but no dice.

Message 3 of 10
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Message 4 of 10
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Don't feel so bad...I got shot down with HSBC and I even wrote a clever letter and sent a monogrammed gift  (star paperweight actually, that was my "theme") to an Exec at HSBC - I got calls and letters back but they were not able to help me. Reason I was told is that they do get audited and must report accurate information -- cost me $30 plus shipping!! But I figured I'd roll the dice and the $30 plus bucks I spent would have been a good ROI if it had worked- some times if you throw enough stuff, something sticks. One never knows. 

For now, I have put the campaign on the side burner....but that doesn't mean I'm done. There are other execs to be had!! The Holidays are coming too...

Look at it this way, you got nothing to lose - make a game out of it...

Good luck to you!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel bad I was also shot down as well, Don't give up because its worth the fight 8 months ago I had a total of 18 negative items due to losing my job, I wanted filed bankrupt I Lost everything. My credit score in 2009 was Equifax 502, Experian 499 Transunion 450 Now in September 2010 Equifax is 702 Experian 612 Transunion 661 it took hard dedication and work. I did not want t file bankrupt I just took one account at a time.

Message 6 of 10
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Wow, Curves, you're my hero Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Amazing comeback, Curves!  Way to go!  Smiley Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u , I was devastated but I have only 10 accounts to go all paid off 8 negative accounts remove in 8 months period.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it was very hard I did not know where to begin but I research this blog and got to work. Trust me it can be done with consistency my Equifax will go up again by the end of this month but Experian is tough but I am working them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.