Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Apply?

What's up guys. New to fico love it so far. There are some credit cards I'd like to try and apply for. I have a 600 score across the boards. I currently have a CC with my credit union. With a 1500 limit. I have 3 collections. Directv 333$. Att 250. T-Mobile 213. Waiting on the T-Mobile dispute on total inaccuracy. I had 3 judgements and have paid them. My Goal is a home and new auto loan in the next 2 years. Should I pull the trigger on some cc apps to help my score? Or should I focus on a possible pay and delete on my collections the. Apply? Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I Apply?

Have you tried Cap1 prequal site? Definitely attempt PFD's while searching for 2 more cards. Does your CU report your card to all 3 CRA's? Also, look into Discover's secured card.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the credit union your only TL?

With only 1 TL you're going to struggle to build a good history.

Also, what are the month and year of judgements and collections? Recommendations for you as you move forward somewhat depend on how long ago your most recent baddies were.

Message 3 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The first question I'd ask is where are the scores from? My advice depends upon the answer to that question
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Yeah my CU is my only TL. Year of my accounts 3 years ago. They are due to come off 2020 according to my reports.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ: 574. TU: 589. EX. 594. I should be expecting a bump up. Due to paying in full the credit balance owed.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm going to see if I can pre-qualify. I understand that it's not a guarantee
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay off those collections and watch your score jump right up !   That's what I did when I started this journey about 2 months ago.   

Then once they are up you can try for a Capital one card or something else....  try "cardmatch"     

Best of luck !

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks friend. Sounds advice.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.