Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I DV LVNV/Resurgent

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I DV LVNV/Resurgent

As some of you already know...I mailed a PFD to LVNV last week agreeing to their settlement offer.  Unfortunately, the letter came back undelivered along with a new dunning notice (I'm guessing) from Resurgent which is apparently the same company.

Anyways, I just printed out more PFD letters with the new address and decided to quickly search through here for more addresses.  I keep finding success stories with just sending a DV to them.  Now I'm wondering if I should try that first.  I just don't know if I can stand the wait lol.  After nearly two months I have not had one success yet. Was hoping that the PFD would be quicker but if I can avoid the hole in my pocket with a DV deletion then I might consider it.

There is one more thing though.  The OC, HSBC, is also reporting on our CR.  How does that work if for some luck the CA deletes the TL as a result of a DV?  I'm assuming that this voids my chances of a future GW to HSBC because I wouldn't be able to say that I paid the debt.  I would then have HSBC till it drops in a little over a year.  We have our eyes on a mortgage as soon as we can get our CRs fixed.  The sooner the better since our lease ends in May and we will then have to do month by month.  The only worry is that the owners are thinking about moving into the home.  They just don't know when which is why they are placing us on a month by month basis in May.

What would you guys do? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I DV LVNV/Resurgent

Sounds like they did to you what they did to me. All of the sudden you "coincidentally" get a dunning. My answer is just based on my experience. They are not going to answer your DV. Just file a complaint with the BBB and explain the course of events and that you want LVNV to validate or delete. The BBB will get it taken care of one way or the other.

If they delete, like they did for me, it may go back to the OC. I'm waiting to find that out.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.