cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I DV a company that is not showing up on my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I DV a company that is not showing up on my credit report?

Hello,

I am attempting to raise my FICO by going through my credit report and DVing. Smiley Wink On August 23, 2008, I received a letter from Capital Management Services, LP. I have not DVed them yet. The letter states the following:

This company has been engaged by Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC to resolve your delinquent debt of $1925.56….Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt is valid....

Previous Creditor: Associates Credit Card Services

Current Creditor: Calvary Portfolio Services, LLC

...The settlement amount of $577.67, which represents 30% of the amount presently owed, is due in our office no later than forty-five (45) days after receiving this notice.... 

Neither Capital Management Services, LP nor Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC is showing up on my credit report. I don’t know what this alleged debt is for. I somewhat remember having an Associates credit card but that was way back in the late 90s. Smiley Indifferent Should I DV them? I don't want to DV and suddenly they show up on my credit report. What should I do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I DV a company that is not showing up on my credit report?

bump
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I DV a company that is not showing up on my credit report?

If it's a CC from the 90s, the account's too old to report on your CRs and most likely, out of statute of limitations/SoL (meaning, they can't legally sue you for the balance owed).

DVing is up to you. DVing is usually in an attempt to either force a CA to delete a TL because they can't prove the debt or to get a better accounting of what's owed to whom. Neither applies in your case unless you WANT to pay them. Do you?

I'd not bother, really. If you want to just get them to stop contacting you and you're SURE the debt's out of SoL (some states have l-o-o-o-n-g-g SoLs), you can send them a Cease & Desist letter (basically tells them to eat doody and die -- and to leave you the HECK alone while they're at it).

Like I said, completely up to you.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.