Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I GW or leave it?

tag
st789
New Contributor

Should I GW or leave it?

I have a BOA CC from 2008 that is currently closed and paid off. It is reporting on my CRs, 4 months of past due payments in 2008. This is also one of my oldest accounts.

My question is should I try the GW route to get this account deleted b/c of those past due payments or should I leave it alone since it is one of my oldest accounts and it would negatively affect my AAoA if I close it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I GW or leave it?

How late were the past due payments? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 9
st789
New Contributor

4 straight months so 120 days in the Summer of '08.

Message 3 of 9
st789
New Contributor

Message 4 of 9
st789
New Contributor

ttt

Message 5 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@st789 wrote:

4 straight months so 120 days in the Summer of '08.

These lates are going to hurt the whole time they are on your report because they are major derogs.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 9
growing123
Regular Contributor

@st789 wrote:

I have a BOA CC from 2008 that is currently closed and paid off. It is reporting on my CRs, 4 months of past due payments in 2008. This is also one of my oldest accounts.

My question is should I try the GW route to get this account deleted b/c of those past due payments or should I leave it alone since it is one of my oldest accounts and it would negatively affect my AAoA if I close it.

Thank you.

Are you saying you have (4) 30 day late payments on this account from 2008?  If so, I would not bother with sending a GW for them because they lost most/all of their affect two years after they occured.  Plus, they will fall off next year, and as you stated, this is one of your oldest accounts and you don't want them to delete the TL. 

Good luck!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 7 of 9
st789
New Contributor

Could I possibly send a GW letter to just get the late payments deleted not the entire account? I'm not sure if that's possible. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would not hurt to try to see if they would remove the lates.  I was able to do this with my mortgage and student loan, but you have to have a good reason for the lates.  In my case, I was affected financially by the government shut down and had proof.  I called and asked to speak to a supervisor.  You want to be nice as you are asking them for a favor. Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.