Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I GW???

tag
princesstooth
New Contributor

Should I GW???

Hello everyone!  This is my first time posting.  So I've been trying to clean up my CR and need some advice.  I have 2 paid/closed accounts from our local Credit Union.  I am no longer with that bank.  So back in 2005 I took out a personal loan for $2000 and a line of credit for $500.  From Oct-Dec of 2007 I had a 30/60/90 day late payments.  I caught up and had a few more 30days during that next year until ultimately in Nov 2008 I was unable to pay anything for a few months.   Contacted the bank after a few months and started a payment plan and payed both off in May 2010.  Of course they are still reporting negative on my CR so would it be a good idea to GW them to see if they can remove them?  Would that hurt me more than help me?  What should I do if anything?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Should I GW???

If the account was not charged off or sent to collections, all of the lates will fall off 7 years from their date of occurence.  When the last one comes off the account will become positive again and stay for up to 10 years from the date closed.

If they are only lates I would GW them to see about removing lates.  Especially if this is one of your oldest accounts.  Getting them removed could really mess up your AAoA.

Welcome to the forums.

Message 2 of 3
koky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I GW???

Guiness what if it was charged off and sent to collections, how long is it going to stay on your report for???
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.