cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Trust This Response From a PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Trust This Response From a PFD?

We just got our first response from 3 rounds of PFD letters.  I was so excited - but then I read it closer and now I am scared they are trying to put one over on me.  It is worded as follows:

To Whom It May Concern:

In the spirit of compromise, our office has agreed that if the account is paid in full for $361.76 in certified funds we will delete this from the credit file.  We can only guarantee that we will send it off to be deleted within 10 colander [LOL - that's what it says] days.  We can not guarantee that the credit bureaus will have this deleted from you record within 10 days.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ms. Jones at XXX-XXX-XXXX ext 202.

Sincerely,

Ms. Jones

It is on their letterhead, but the only thing that concerns me is that there is no first name for "Ms. Jones" and her signature is completely illegible.

Am I overthinking this or am I right to be concerned?

Thanks for your input!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I Trust This Response From a PFD?

I'd go for it. It obviously isn't a form letter!

Which OC or CA is it?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is Collection Services, Inc. - out of Pensacola, FL.  I think they are just local.  This was for a Gulf Power account from when we lived there.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you can't expect much from a writer who writes of "colander days." I'd say their intentions are clear, even if the letter didn't come off as professional as it should have.
Message 4 of 5
miay2k4
Contributor

I'm the first one to doubt these CA tactics, but I guess you really can't ask for that much more except "Hooked on Phonics".
07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.