Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I add Lowes to lower util?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I add Lowes to lower util?

Hey everyone, I'm considering app'ing for Lowes for a few reasons...

-We shop there often and would enjoy taking advantage of some of their financing options.

-I currently have a clean FICO TU 785 report with 0 inqs and I think I could possibly qualify for a $35,000 CL

-A $35k CL would lower my util on TU and EX from 12% to 2% and EQ would go from 39% to 9%

Would this be a smart way to increase my total credit lines? Could it help my EQ score jump from 734 to ???

I've read that Lowes reports very quickly. I'm planning on app'ing for a few more cards. Will this help or hurt that effort?

Thanks for any feedback!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I add Lowes to lower util?

If you would benefit from the card go for it. Do you think you would get a 35k SL?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's possible. I've read on this forum several times where people with high 700 scores have been approved and immediately called in and received CLI's as high as $35,000

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, your TU score is great...I say go for it!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's possible. I've read on this forum several times where people with high 700 scores have been approved and immediately called in and received CLI's as high as $35,000

I think you will definitely get approved.  Does your income support a credit limit of $35k?  There has been some freaky things happening with Synchrony Bank where people are getting their accounts shut down with good income and very high limits.  There is currently on the credit card forum talk about this happening.  I've gotten my Lowes up to $15k and with my income, I plan on leaving it at this amount.  If they give me an increase fine, but otherwise I don't plan on poking a sleeping bear.  I don't mind providing proof of income, but they have been asking for tax records. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

kaykay65 - Thanks for the heads-up!

My income is $90k. Is that enough for a $35k CL? I don't mind having them verify it.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My app spree results...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Venture-Discover-It-Citi-Costco-Lowes-Marvel-APPROVED/td-p/4680655

Congrats on the approvals.  Guess all is good.Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well congrats! I'm not shocked at all about you getting 35k with your scores. Nicely done!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.